So my new outlook for blogging is to rate movies. Instead of crying to the world about my feelings. It's pathetic. If I really feel like complaining about something, I'll write about it in my non existant diary, mmmkay.
During the past week that I was gone at the beach, I watched several movies, most of which I had previously seen. But today I would like to discuss "The Good Night" with actors such as Simon Pegg, Penelope Cruz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Martin Freeman, and other assorteds who don't matter.
Martin Freeman (Ron Weasley's Father in "Harry Potter") Plays the role of Gary Shaller, a middle aged man who begins to dream about a woman, and begins Lucid Dreaming so he can control how he dreams. Of course, it ends up biting him in the ass.
Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead) is Paul, Gary Shaller's friend, who cannot be happy with one woman. He even admits later in the movie to only being happy when his wife is miserable. Funny character in a creepy way.
Penelope Cruz (In Gothika and Sahara) has two roles: Anna, who is the woman Gary fantasizes about in his dreams. And Melodia, a smoking model who is really rude. She only cares about herself. And attacks Gary when they meet, automatically not liking him. She never gave him a chance.
Don't even ask me about Gwyneth Paltrow's part. It was god aweful. She was so annoying to watch I just wanted to come through the screen and punch her. It was funny though, when every night she would complain to her husband Gary about something and right after she finished she would say "I love you" and they would go to sleep. It was so oddly funny. It was so nice when she left for Venice and we didn't have to hear of her for a while.
On average the movie was pretty good. Though the movie left me confused at the end, as to whether or not I liked it. It left me wondering about a lot of things.
12.27.2008
The Good Night.
Posted by Here, Have This Bag Of Pity. at 8:42:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment